Electrical Stimulation units (commonly referred to as E-stim) use an electrical current to simulate the same electrical impulses activated through normal exercise. It can be used to inhibit the pain receptors to assist with managing symptoms.
E-Stim can be very important for rehabilitative purposes and in enhancing the healing process. E-Stim has several uses including muscle toning, muscle spasm relaxation and pain prevention.
- Post-surgical application
- Work-related overuse conditions
- Muscle re-education
- Chronic pain conditions
- Benefits Realized
- Increased circulation in the injured area
- Increased lymphatic drainage
- Increased range of motion
- Prevention of disuse atrophy
- Decreased muscle spasms
- Muscle strength retraining
- Reduction in chronic, acute and post-operative pain